{"id":1248,"date":"2026-10-22T11:31:50","date_gmt":"2026-10-22T16:31:50","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/postoakforest.com\/web\/?p=1248"},"modified":"2026-10-22T11:31:50","modified_gmt":"2026-10-22T16:31:50","slug":"pof-hoa-board-meeting-october-18-2026","status":"publish","type":"post","link":"https:\/\/postoakforest.com\/web\/2026\/10\/pof-hoa-board-meeting-october-18-2026\/","title":{"rendered":"POF HOA Board Meeting, October 18, 2026"},"content":{"rendered":"<p style=\"font-weight: 400;\">Post Oak Forest HOA board meeting was held October 18, 2026, at 19 Forest Dr. Meeting was called to order at 7:09 PM.<\/p>\n<p style=\"font-weight: 400;\">Attendees were Don Lipkin, Rhonda Watson, Kenneth Johse, Kathi Light, Stacy Light, Alan Needleman, Tom Light, Ginny Light (virtual).<\/p>\n<p style=\"font-weight: 400;\">September meeting minutes were read and approved as posted.<\/p>\n<ol>\n<li>PRESIDENT\u2019S REPORT: Don reported that he and Tom met with a civil engineer to review drainage issues behind units 10-15. She is kindly doing this consultation pro bono.\u00a0 Tom will give more details.\u00a0 He pointed out that we should review the BOD terms that are up at the end of the year to see if they are willing to continue to serve.<\/li>\n<li>TREASURER: \u00a0Kenneth reported that finances are in good order.\u00a0 The financial report was reviewed, and it was received by the Board for filing.<\/li>\n<li>ARCHITECTURAL CONTROL COMMITTEE: Ginny reported that one ACC request was submitted to paint the door at #15. She said the ACC recommends approval.\u00a0 The Board voted and approved the submittal.<\/li>\n<li>GROUNDS: Tom reported that told Antonio that he and his landscape crew would get a 5% increase in pay starting Jan 1, 2027, and he was appreciative.\u00a0 Antonio was asked to give a bid on fixing the pool gate so that it self-closes, as required by the regulations. Tom reported on the potential drainage project behind units #10-15.\u00a0 He and Don met with a civil engineer, Veronica Morgan, who studied the area thoroughly.\u00a0Her opinion was that the proposal from Lockett Landscaping was very sound and reasonable and would be similar to any engineering plan that she would propose. This includes adding more catch basins and grates and underground piping to remove the water during rains. She spent an hour and a half on the project pro bono, so the Board agreed to get a gift card for $150 in appreciation.\u00a0 Tom will set up a meeting with the contractor to discuss the plan with Board members and any neighbors that are impacted.<\/li>\n<li>POOL COMMITTEE: Rhonda gave Kim Tolman\u2019s report, stating that the pool was closed Oct 1 and the pool cover will be installed by the pool company very soon.\u00a0 The drain cover has been replaced as required by the regulations.\u00a0 Don will contact the city\u2019s non-emergency number to see how we can test the emergency phone.\u00a0 He reported that the phone only uses an SOS button to call out, as we do not have a data plan.\u00a0 You cannot call 911 any other way with this phone, which may have led to it not working when the inspector came out.<\/li>\n<li>NOMINATING COMMITTEE: The nominating committee will follow up with board members that are due to roll off to see if they would like to continue for another term.<\/li>\n<li>OLD BUSINESS: Last month, Cherie asked if the drive in front of #32-34 should be the responsibility of the HOA (like a road) or the homeowners there (like a driveway).\u00a0 It was researched and found that this had been discussed previously and that it was determined to be a driveway and the responsibility of the residents that share that driveway.<\/li>\n<li>NEW BUSINESS: A resident is interested in putting up an American flag and wanted to know if that is allowed.\u00a0 There was discussion and it was recommended that he file a request with the ACC and it can be studied. Don wanted to ensure that the residents know that anyone can attend a Board meeting.\u00a0 Stacy will add that to the website where the meeting dates are listed.<\/li>\n<\/ol>\n<p style=\"font-weight: 400;\">Next Board meeting \u2013 Nov 15<\/p>\n<p style=\"font-weight: 400;\">Meeting was adjourned at 8:20 PM<\/p>\n","protected":false},"excerpt":{"rendered":"<p>Post Oak Forest HOA board meeting was held October 18, 2026, at 19 Forest Dr. Meeting was called to order at 7:09 PM. Attendees were Don Lipkin, Rhonda Watson, Kenneth Johse, Kathi Light, Stacy Light, Alan Needleman, Tom Light, Ginny Light (virtual). September meeting minutes were read and approved as posted. PRESIDENT\u2019S REPORT: Don reported [&hellip;]<\/p>\n","protected":false},"author":9,"featured_media":0,"comment_status":"closed","ping_status":"closed","sticky":false,"template":"","format":"standard","meta":{"footnotes":""},"categories":[5],"tags":[],"class_list":["post-1248","post","type-post","status-publish","format-standard","hentry","category-minutes"],"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/postoakforest.com\/web\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/posts\/1248","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/postoakforest.com\/web\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/posts"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/postoakforest.com\/web\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/post"}],"author":[{"embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/postoakforest.com\/web\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/users\/9"}],"replies":[{"embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/postoakforest.com\/web\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/comments?post=1248"}],"version-history":[{"count":1,"href":"https:\/\/postoakforest.com\/web\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/posts\/1248\/revisions"}],"predecessor-version":[{"id":1249,"href":"https:\/\/postoakforest.com\/web\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/posts\/1248\/revisions\/1249"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/postoakforest.com\/web\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=1248"}],"wp:term":[{"taxonomy":"category","embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/postoakforest.com\/web\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/categories?post=1248"},{"taxonomy":"post_tag","embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/postoakforest.com\/web\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/tags?post=1248"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}