POF HOA Board Meeting, October 18, 2026

Post Oak Forest HOA board meeting was held October 18, 2026, at 19 Forest Dr. Meeting was called to order at 7:09 PM.

Attendees were Don Lipkin, Rhonda Watson, Kenneth Johse, Kathi Light, Stacy Light, Alan Needleman, Tom Light, Ginny Light (virtual).

September meeting minutes were read and approved as posted.

  1. PRESIDENT’S REPORT: Don reported that he and Tom met with a civil engineer to review drainage issues behind units 10-15. She is kindly doing this consultation pro bono.  Tom will give more details.  He pointed out that we should review the BOD terms that are up at the end of the year to see if they are willing to continue to serve.
  2. TREASURER:  Kenneth reported that finances are in good order.  The financial report was reviewed, and it was received by the Board for filing.
  3. ARCHITECTURAL CONTROL COMMITTEE: Ginny reported that one ACC request was submitted to paint the door at #15. She said the ACC recommends approval.  The Board voted and approved the submittal.
  4. GROUNDS: Tom reported that told Antonio that he and his landscape crew would get a 5% increase in pay starting Jan 1, 2027, and he was appreciative.  Antonio was asked to give a bid on fixing the pool gate so that it self-closes, as required by the regulations. Tom reported on the potential drainage project behind units #10-15.  He and Don met with a civil engineer, Veronica Morgan, who studied the area thoroughly. Her opinion was that the proposal from Lockett Landscaping was very sound and reasonable and would be similar to any engineering plan that she would propose. This includes adding more catch basins and grates and underground piping to remove the water during rains. She spent an hour and a half on the project pro bono, so the Board agreed to get a gift card for $150 in appreciation.  Tom will set up a meeting with the contractor to discuss the plan with Board members and any neighbors that are impacted.
  5. POOL COMMITTEE: Rhonda gave Kim Tolman’s report, stating that the pool was closed Oct 1 and the pool cover will be installed by the pool company very soon.  The drain cover has been replaced as required by the regulations.  Don will contact the city’s non-emergency number to see how we can test the emergency phone.  He reported that the phone only uses an SOS button to call out, as we do not have a data plan.  You cannot call 911 any other way with this phone, which may have led to it not working when the inspector came out.
  6. NOMINATING COMMITTEE: The nominating committee will follow up with board members that are due to roll off to see if they would like to continue for another term.
  7. OLD BUSINESS: Last month, Cherie asked if the drive in front of #32-34 should be the responsibility of the HOA (like a road) or the homeowners there (like a driveway).  It was researched and found that this had been discussed previously and that it was determined to be a driveway and the responsibility of the residents that share that driveway.
  8. NEW BUSINESS: A resident is interested in putting up an American flag and wanted to know if that is allowed.  There was discussion and it was recommended that he file a request with the ACC and it can be studied. Don wanted to ensure that the residents know that anyone can attend a Board meeting.  Stacy will add that to the website where the meeting dates are listed.

Next Board meeting – Nov 15

Meeting was adjourned at 8:20 PM

Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.