August 3, 2020 POF HOA Board meeting minutes

Post Oak Forest HOA board meeting was held August 3, 2020. Meeting was called to order at 7:20 PM.

Attendees were Carol Scamardo, Stacy Light, Laine Totah, Jack Benson, Cherie Cotner, John Cozad, Debra Ware and Kenneth Johse.  Minutes from last meeting were read.  Board approved.

  1. SECRETARY: The directory of residents was updated and distributed.
  2. TREASURER:  Kenneth reported all HOA dues are up to date.  The CD will mature in December.
  3. GROUNDS: Street lamp installation in front of #4 is moving forward.  The owners in number 10 requested a review of a tree in front on HOA property that is buckling the driveway.  Carol and Debra brought over Spencer the arborist to examine it. The owners would like to cut it down before it causes additional driveway and carport damage.  Laine made a motion to get a bid for removal, Kenneth seconded and Board approved. Carol will bring back the arborist to get a bid to remove it and we will proceed from there. Carol reported that the water is turned off at the city main on number 23 so grounds crew is unable to water the HOA grounds there.  It is getting very dry over there.  John suggested Carol contact the owners to see if they would turn the water on and we can turn off at main and just have grounds crew turn on each Monday to water and then turn off.  This would just need to be done until approximately the end of September during the hot weather.  Carol and Debra sent notices to the owners of number 18 and 19 regarding items in the back on HOA property that need to be removed.  All have been cleared out.
  4. POOL: Laine reported that a new pump is needed and will be installed tomorrow. Carol noted that the net is ripped.  Laine will get this replaced. Stacy looked into replacing the old pool furniture that we have. Laine made a motion to approve a $1,500 budget for the replacement and Jack seconded. Board approved. Stacy will research and send pictures of proposed items for board members to review.    


  1. ARCHITECTURAL CONTROL COMMITTEE: Board approved via email last week a temporary fence on number 33 to train the new service dog there. The new resident in number 24 Julius Gribou is willing to serve on the ACC committee. John made a motion to ask him to serve and Kenneth seconded.  Board approved and Debra will contact him.  Debra will organize a walk around all units to ensure everything is in order and will coordinate anyone who wants to participate. 


  1. ELECTION COMMITTEE: Stacy will have a committee meeting in the next month. They plan to send personal letters to all who are not on the board with information on serving and inviting them to participate.

FUTURE CAPITAL PROJECTS:  proposed projects include sprinkler system upgrades (approx  $1,000)           

Pool replastering (approx $8,000 – 12,000)

Next meeting will be September 13, 2020.

Meeting adjourned at 8:15

Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.