Post Oak forest board meeting September 13, 2020

Post Oak Forest HOA board meeting was held September 13, 2020. Meeting was called to order at 7:10 PM.

Attendees were Carol Scamardo, Stacy Light, Laine Totah, David Hicks, Jack Benson, Cherie Cotner, John Cozad, Debra Ware and Kenneth Johse. 

Minutes from last meeting were read.  Board approved


  1. SECRETARY: The directory of residents will be updated with new owner of number 15 and distributed.
  2. TREASURER:  Kenneth submitted treasurer report.  Board approved.

3.GROUNDS: Street lamp installation in front of #4 is completed.  We will put drought tolerant plants around it in the near future. Carol received two bids to remove the tree in the driveway of number 10.  (J. Hampton and Brazos Valley Stump Removal).  Board decided to get additional bid to include the removal of all dead trees as this should be more economical if combined.  Carol will put together list of trees and re-bid.  She will also try to secure bid from Spencer ( the tree arborist who has been used in the past).  Carol reported that Antonio’s crew is now able to turn the water at number 23 on at the main so the grounds crew is able to water the HOA grounds there and then turn the water back off each week.  The fence that runs between number 22 and 23 needs to be replaced.  Carol will contact the homeowners who share the fence in the adjacent neighborhood to see if they will be willing to share in the cost.  Carol will get bids for pine fence, cedar with wood pickets and cedar with metal pipes.  Carol would like anyone who is requesting Antonio do extra work fill out a letter or form so she can coordinate when the work is done.

4. POOL: Stacy purchased replacements for the old pool furniture and all agreed it looks very nice and the costs came in under budget. The pool will be open until October 12th.             

  1. ARCHITECTURAL CONTROL COMMITTEE: The temporary fence on number 33 to train the new service dog will remain up for approximately one more month. Julius informed Debra that the satellite dish in number 28 will be removed.  Debra will organize a walk around all units to ensure everything is in order and will coordinate anyone who wants to participate. 

            6. ELECTION COMMITTEE: Stacy sent personal emails to all who homeowners with information on serving on the board and inviting them to participate.

FUTURE CAPITAL PROJECTS:  proposed projects include sprinkler system upgrades (approx  $1,000)           

Pool replastering (approx $8,000 – 12,000)

Next meeting will be October 11, 2020.

Meeting adjourned at 7:55

Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.