POF HOA Meeting September 17, 2023

Post Oak Forest HOA board meeting was held September 17, 2023 via ZOOM. Meeting was called to order at 7:05 PM.

Attendees were Stacy Light, Cherie Cotner, Jack Benson, Jennifer Frederick and Laine Totah.

One change to the minutes from August – should be landscaping over budget not tree trimming. Minutes approved with change.

TREASURER: Kenneth sent in the financials. It was noted that the increased fee for landscaping went into effect in August. Kenneth needs all committee budgets by October 1 to evaluate how much of a dues increase is needed for next year. This needs to be done mainly due to increased landscaping costs but we also need to include additional capital funds to repair uneven road in the front and possible pool improvements. We discussed the process for raising dues. Article 4 in the covenants requires us to have a meeting with owners to present this and vote. Stacy proposed we have this meeting November 14. This could be in person and also available to zoom. Proxies can be accepted in lieu of attendance. Stacy will work on sending a notice to owners regarding the highlights of why we need an increase with summary bullet points, meeting information and ballots.

GROUNDS: New proposed committee assignments are in place. Tom Light reported on the new contract that has been signed with Antonio for landscaping through 2024. He also reported that Antonio presented a bid of $200 to remove the knock out roses in the entryway. These are blocking the entrance sign. His also included a bid of $330 three times a year to change the color bed in the front. Laine made a motion to accept this proposal, Jack seconded. The board approved. Tom will also look into replacing the fence in the front between #1 and the office building. He will contact the business to discuss splitting the fence repair costs. A tree by #33 needs to be removed for safety. Spencer the tree trimmer presented a bid of $2300 to remove this tree and another smaller one in the esplanade in front. The budget includes funds for this and this will be done this year. Debra and Liz (sprinkler committee) brought out someone to evaluate the system. The bid was $2000 to reconfigure. This is being evaluated.

POOL: The pool will close the week of October 12.


NEW BUSINESS: Stacy noted that there has been building material in the carport of number 5 for a while. She will contact the owners for their remodeling timeline. There will be an estate sale in number 4 this coming weekend. We have requested that cars park in the office building parking lots or across University – they should not all be driving into the neighborhood as our streets are too small.

Stacy will contact Ozden to look into applying for a city of College Station beautification grant that we could possible use for landscaping, etc.

Meeting adjourned 8:00.

Next meetings:

October 8, 2023

November 12, 2023

December 3, 2023

Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.