November1, 2020 POF HOA Meeting minutes

Post Oak Forest HOA board meeting was held November 1, 2020. Meeting was called to order at 7:05 PM.

Attendees were Carol Scamardo, Laine Totah, David Hicks, Jack Benson, Cherie Cotner, and Debra Ware. 

Minutes from last meeting were read.  Jack made a motion to accept the minutes, Cherie seconded. Board approved.


  1. SECRETARY: No news to report.
  1. TREASURER:  Kenneth submitted treasurer report via email.  Jack moved to accept the report, Laine seconded. Board approved.  It was noted that if anyone has concerns for next year budget items they should contact Kenneth.  Carol requested we include increased funds for the grounds work in the 2021 annual budget. 
  1. GROUNDS: Carol had new plants put in around the new street light. The tree trimming project is completed for this year.  Carol noted that one homeowner did not want to use the tree trimmer that the board had selected.  It was agreed that next year all homeowners will be required to use the service that the board selects and approves.  If someone does not want them to cut trees by their residence, they will be responsible for paying the costs for someone else to do the tree trimming work around their house.  Carol will have Antonio and crew clean up shrubs, etc behind our houses during the slower winter months.  He will also fix the broken board on the pool arbor, even up the bricks around the pool area and possibly moved the dead tree at the front entrance.  Carol will ask Julius to look into the front sign and possibly moving the numbers so they can be seen.  Carol asked that we send a reminder to everyone that they are responsible for covering any exposed piping during the winter.  Antonio will not do this.  Debra will include this message in an email to everyone.
  1. POOL: Laine reported that the pool was covered and closed for the winter.
  1. ARCHITECTURAL CONTROL COMMITTEE: Debra’s emails regarding carport compliance were sent and most homeowners complied with the requests. Debra asked the homeowner who had brought forward a concern regarding a tree in their driveway to submit an ACC request.  So far no request has been received.  The ACC reviewed and approved roof work on #30 and the board approved the work.   We discussed security options for POF.  It was noted that a few years ago the city noted that we are too close to University drive to install a gate.  Possibly camera options were discussed.                     


  1. ELECTION COMMITTEE: Stacy reported that the nominating committee will submit the following for nomination to the board: Cherie Cotner, Carol Scamardo and Julius Gribou. This will be voted on at the annual meeting on January 19, 2021. 
  1. The annual meeting will need a 33% quorum (12 votes) to approve. We will need to send the agenda and ballots between December 1 – January 4.  Debra will include the meeting date in her note to homeowners regarding pipe covering so that everyone will have it on their calendar.  We are planning on an outdoor meeting on the driveway of number 7 due to COVID restrictions. Stacy and Laine will set up tents, tables and chairs.  Debra will look into getting some outdoor heaters.  All board members will be asked to bring refreshments. 


FUTURE CAPITAL PROJECTS:  proposed projects include sprinkler system upgrades (approx  $1,000)      

Pool replastering (approx $8,000 – 12,000)

We will not have a December or January board meeting.

Next meeting will be the annual meeting on January 19, 2021.  Meeting adjourned at 7:43

Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.