February 5, 2023 POF HOA Board Meeting Minutes

Post Oak Forest HOA board meeting was held February 5, 2023 via ZOOM. Meeting was called to order at 7:05 PM.

Attendees were Stacy Light, Kim Tolman, Jennifer Fredericks, Laine Totah, Cherie Cotner, Jack Benson and Carol Scamardo.

Jennifer was welcomed as the new board member.

Election of Officers and Committees:

President: Stacy Light (Jack nominated, Cherie Seconded)

Vice President: Jack Benson (Cherie nominated, Carol Seconded)

Secretary: Laine Totah (Kenneth nominated, Jack Seconded)

Treasurer: Kenneth Johse (Laine nominated, Jack Seconded)

Board approved all officers

Committee Members are as follows:

Grounds: Carol (Chair) Cherie

Pool: Laine (Chair), Kim Tolman

ACC: Julius (Chair), Kathy Johse, Carol Benson, Jennifer Fredericks, Rhonda Watson

Board approved all committees

January meeting minutes were approved as presented.

TREASURER: Kenneth sent in the financials. Board reviewed and no questions.

GROUNDS: All running smoothly. Ozden has volunteered to look into applying for a city beautification grant. Carol will contact her to discuss possible projects that might qualify for a grant.

POOL: The pool was covered and closed on October 14th. No report.

ARCHITECTURAL CONTROL COMMITTEE: ACC approved renovation plans for #19. The board approved. Jack spoke to the owner and they indicated that the project will take approximately 6 months. Roof on number 5 was discussed. Julius will look into the back roof to make sure it follows our codes. Jennifer will contact the realtor on #5 to make sure they are aware of our new rental cap rules. Jennifer noted that there is a form that other HOA’s use that is signed at closing that confirms the new owner is aware of our HOA rules. Kenneth can send this form to the title company when he sends information confirming the status of HOA dues on the property. Jennifer will put together a form for Kenneth to send to title company at closings. We will require this to be signed by any new owner and returned to us.

RENTAL PROCEDURES: Kim and Jennifer prepared some procedures outlining the details for the new rental cap. The procedures were discussed and a finalized version will be sent to board members for approval. Once approved this will be posted on our web site.

NEW BUSINESS: The front sign was discussed. The landscaping is blocking the bottom of the permanent sign. Although the temporary sign is large and blocks the permanent sign, residents think it has slowed down the cars that are turning into POF in error. We discussed possibly moving it to the right or making a smaller version. No decision made – discussion will continue.

Meeting adjourned 8:05.

Next meeting March 12 – Jacks presides – possibly at Carols’ house.

Additional meetings scheduled April 2 and May 7.

Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.